Friday, March 23, 2012

Story of a mouse

It's quite funny sometimes to read blogs that I wrote previously ( http://ramblingsfromabird.blogspot.com/). It gave me an idea on what was my state of my mind at that time, and at times it also gave me some idea on how much I have changed, or I have not changed since that time. 
Since this blog has not been updated for quite some time, just thought of writing something in this peaceful Saturday.

After my Chinese tuition this morning, I enjoyed my weekly tea session with my family. Today, I just anyhow made up a story of a mouse which I shared with my brother.
Here it goes: 
Long time ago, there is this small mouse. His name is "Nobody". Just like many other mice in this world, Nobody was born in a house that he didn't even have idea who the owner is. After a while, all his family member left him due to some illness and from then on Nobody was left alone, occupying small holes in this big house. However, life seems to be quite comfortable for him. Although Nobody is alone, nobody to talk with, he has all Four Requisites available for him to be used. He has small hole as his house; When he is hungry, all he needs to do is go out of his hole and find some food out there; When he is sick, he also is able to go out to find some medicine to cure his illness. (Come to think of it, I have to revise that actually he only has Three Requisites. After all, mouse do not need Clothes right? =P). 
Anyway, to summarize Nobody's life. Nobody is lonely, has little friend, but Nobody has no issue with fulfilling his basic needs. 

One day, a friend comes to visit Nobody. Then he asked Nobody, are you happy with your life? Nobody answered, "Of course not!" Then this friend further asked him, "What will make you happy then?" "Oh, I will be happy, very happy if I have my own house. See? this hole is not a house and in fact this house belongs to other person right? And in the new house that I own, I want to stay with Prince Charming, my 偶像 mouse."

One fine day, when the mouse is 11 years old, in the horse year, Nobody felt that it's his lucky year, and so he used all the money that he has to go and buy TOTO. Of course, Nobody is smart. He purposely bought TOTO that will be opened after CNY because he knew that that TOTO has bigger prize. Guess what? He won the TOTO and all the money that he got is just nice enough to buy a small house. At that year, he too is able to attract Prince Charming to stay together with him. "What a year!" Nobody thought," This is the pinnacle of my life! Beyond this, there is only everlasting and abundance Happiness. All my wishes have been fulfilled by The Great One!"

Seven years past since then. In this ox year, Nobody is now 18 years old. One fine day, the old friend that used to visit Nobody in the hole, came to visit him again. This friend that asked him," Hey! Your life must be very good! Many years back you shared me your dreams, your wishes, and as far as I know, you have got EVERYTHING. You wanted a house, you got a house. You wanted to stay together with Prince Charming, Here you are, Prince Charming is here. What a life! I congratulate you for having such a Great Luck." Nobody's friend said. 
Upon hearing that, Nobody just grinned, "How I wish to have back the life in the Hole last time. Life was so much simpler at that time. Although, I lived alone, I do not have to worry about ANYTHING at all. If I want food, I got food. When I am sick, I got medicine. NOW? You see? This house actually belongs to me you know? There is no human being lived in this house. And since there is no human being living here, How am I able to get my food? Nowadays, I have to travel very far, to just find food to eat. Not only that, sometimes, after searching food for hours, I still come back empty handed. Then, don't you see it when you came to this house? This house is in a big mess. Since there is no human being stayed in this house, No one takes care of the house. How on earth a mouse can clean a house? Of course can't right?
Prince Charming? Yah... Prince Charming used to be very charming back then. Nowadays, Prince Charming always complained of this and complained of that. Prince Charming is not charming at all nowadays, and how I wish I can live alone like last time, away from all nagging and complaints." Nobody answered.

Upon hearing that, Nobody's friend just shacked his head and left, wishing all the best to Nobody.  

No comments:

Post a Comment